How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12183
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Can you change lawyers if you have leaga aid and still get

This answer was rated:

Can you change lawyers if you have leaga aid and still get the legal aid changed to the new lawyer
Thank you for your question.
Yes. The new lawyer has to apply to the legal aid board for a transfer of the legal aid certificate into his name. There is a procedure for doing so online which the new lawyer will have access to.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you