How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12086
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Do I need to use a lawyer and legal form to have power of attorney

This answer was rated:

Do I need to use a lawyer and legal form to have power of attorney for my parents? I live in Scotland
Thank you for your question.
You need the proper form to create power of attorney. You can get this from the website of the Public Guardian in Scotland. You don't have to get a lawyer to do the work if you don't want to but that would be up to you.
A lawyer would be able to draft the document correctly. You might also be able to do so if you are experienced in this kind of work.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you