How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12190
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Can I refuse to speak to the PF if I am on the side of the

This answer was rated:

Can I refuse to speak to the PF if I am on the side of the defence. Can I refuse to give evidence in court if it is between my son and daughter.. Is there any way out of giving evidence or will I get arrested too..
Thank you for your question.
You can't be forced to give the PF a statement but you can be cited to court to give evidence and you can be arrested if you don't.
From a tactical point of view it may be better for the defence if you are on the crown list of witnesses as presumably your evidence will weaken the crown case.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you