How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Hello,I have a 2 bedroom top flat in a council tenement

Customer Question

I have a 2 bedroom top flat in a council tenement block and I want to sell it. What do I have to do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this
Alex Watts : For now pleaae let me know what type of tenanxy agreement they have?
JACUSTOMER-363595d9- :

I own the flat outright.

JACUSTOMER-363595d9- :

There are no tenants. The flat is an ex-council flat that I bought and own outright with no mortgage.

Alex Watts : Ok. I didn't realise this was Scot law, let me get it transferred for you.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a Scots solicitor and will help you with this.
Can you tell me for how long you have owned the flat?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

over 10years

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
All you have to do is put it on the market.
What is your concern?.