How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 7
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

Can i prosecute my child,s abductor 25 years later?She was

Customer Question

Can i prosecute my child,s abductor 25 years later?She was taken by my husband who is dead now but two other parties involved are still alive and abandonded her now.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She has been abandoned by her husband in south africa,has 4 kids and her father and grandfather are dead. The rest of the family say she isnt entitled to any assistance.She received no inheritence.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
This appears to be an issue of South African law. I will have your question transferred.
Expert:  jwfourieatt replied 3 years ago.
Where did the abduction take place? Where was she taken from? Scotland?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She was taken from Glasgow,the grandparents helped there son leave Scotland and took her back to SA.Ihad an all sea and air routes blocked by a court order and they defieded it.She was taken aged nine and i never found her for 13 yrs.The thing is her step grandmother and aunts have access to the will she should have been a beneficary and they have told me to go whistle for it.Idont know how to help my daughter and 4 grandchildren.Iv ehausted my savings this past 6 months keeping a roof over her head and food.

Expert:  jwfourieatt replied 3 years ago.
I don't know why the previous attorney referred it, but if the crime took place in Scotland, the laws of Scotland would apply and not the laws of South Africa. South African courts only have jurisdiction to deal with crimes that happened on South African soil. I would, unfortunately, refer you back to the Scottish law site.

They should assist you with regards ***** ***** possibility of bringing her to Scotland (if that is your intention) as well as the possibility of extraditing the two individuals concerned that is still alive.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What Scottish law site do you mean?What dept gov figure do i approach?Do you think i need a lawyer to deal with it or can i handle this myself?