How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12188
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have a debt Arrangement Attachment issued against me from

This answer was rated:

I have a debt Arrangement Attachment issued against me from the Inverness Sheriff Courts. This attaches my car at a very low valuation (approx 25% of market valuation). I believe under Section 23 I can appeal against this. Having asked the Sheriff Officers and the Court and CAB, I am not getting any assistance as to how I make this appeal. Would this simply be a letter to the court? I have only 1 day left to comply with this right granted to me.
Thank you for your question.
You need to fill in a form 4 and deliver it to the sheriff clerk before the time limit expires.
You can get and print off a form 4 at the following link:
In addition note that the rules for this particular procedure can be found at this link:
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you