How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12179
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

hi, we have recently finished a house refurbishment, the client

This answer was rated:

we have recently finished a house refurbishment, the client is being unproductive in paying his bill. The house has now been sold and the transaction takes place on Monday. Is there any way of taking an injunction out to make sure he pays or the house sale is blocked?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know how much is owing and if contracts have been exchanged?

Hi, There is £9,250 owed from the original contract and there is another £7,000 owed from extras. He has also now changed the locks on the external doors that we supplied and fitted to stop us gaining access to the house.


This is a new build house in Scotland that we were contracted to complete parts of

Alex Watts : Ok, so is this a Scots law enquiry?

Yes sorry its Scots Law

Alex Watts : Ok. It's in English law at the moment so I will opt out and ask its moved.
Alex Watts : Somoene will reply shortly.
Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor on Scotland and will help you with this.
In Scots law there is a thing called an Inhibition which can be used to block a debtor's sale. However, if the sale settles on Monday your solitor won't have time to go to court, get the order and register it.
What he could do, however, is try to arrest the sale money in the hands of the debtor's solicitor. That can be done very quickly but you should, if at all possible, get in touch with your solicitor today or over the weekend and he'll have to get this to court first thing on Monday morning.
This is not something you can deal with yourself as there are specific documents to be prepared so see your solicitor now.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your answer. Is this something you would be able to carry forward for me and if so what would be the costs involved?

No, experts on JustAnswer, although in private practice as solicitors, aren't allowed to take on cases and we are restricted to answering questions on a general basis. You should contact your own solicitor to take this to court for you.
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12179
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you