How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12183
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have an egyption patrner which i have a married contract

This answer was rated:

I have an egyption patrner which i have a married contract with how do i go about getting him a visa to come here
Thank you for your question.
If you are married in the eyes of UK law, he can apply for a spouse visa to join you in the UK. That can be converted to permanent leave to remain after 27 month's residence in the UK and assuming no criminal record, knowledge of English etc.
Here is the link to get you startd on the application process.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The contract is an egyption one not a UK one as yet does that change things

If the marriage contract is recognised in the UK then you are legally spouses but the law applies to partners as well so even if your're not legally married in the eyes of UK law you will still be deemed to be partners.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry I'm not very clear about how to go about getting him a visa to the UK and what I have to do

He has to apply, not you, and he has to follow the link I gave you above and complete the form for a spouse visa.