How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12181
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

parents separated about 7 yrs. ago. he has been living with

This answer was rated:

parents separated about 7 yrs. ago. he has been living with his mum and stepdad but visiting his dad at weekends. the custodial arrangement is informal. the child wants to change the arrangement and live with his dad. his father is willing; his mum is not.
Thank you for your question.
What age is the child?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he is 15 and a half

He can decide where he wants to stay. No court in Scotland will go against his wishes at that age unless mother can give very good reasons why not.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you