How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12176
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have a separation agreement dated 11.10.2004 which states

This answer was rated:

I have a separation agreement dated 11.10.2004 which states my ex husband will pay me £200 per month child (£400 per month as i have 2 children) until they reach the age of 18. This will go up annually by a percentage relevant to the rise in the retail prices index immediately preceding year. I only have bank records going back to Feb 2008 when he was paying me £428.40. This increased in November 2008 to £441.25 and then again in September 2010 to £460 and this is what he is still paying now. He has just stopped paying child as he turned 18 last month. Can you tell me what he should have been paying me year on year and if i am still in a position to ask backdated money. Thanks

Thank you question.mi am a sScottish solicitor and will help you with this.
If he was paying £200 per child in 2004 then the increases are as follows:
2005. £203.60
2006. £211.74
2007 £219.57
2008 £220.67
2009 £225.08
2010 £234.31
2011 £240.17
2012 £246.18
2013 £251.10
2014 £253.61
You are entitled to seek any arrears under the separation agreement which will have been registered and execution which means it has the status of a court decree.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you