How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12178
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
Scots Law
This answer was rated:

i was in the armed forces years, I goy married in June

i was in the armed... Show More
i was in the armed forces for 22 years, I goy married in June 12. In October 2012 my wife punched me in the face breaking 3 of my teeth. Several days lTer I stared getting flashbacks from my time in the armed forces. Three different psychiatrists say the punch in the face breaking my teeth triggered my PTSD. We are now separated. Can I sue her for triggering my ptsd ?
Show Less
Ask Your Own Scots Law Question
Thank you for your question.
If you have the medical evidence and she has the means to pay damages, then there is no reason in principal why you can't sue her, notwithstanding that she is your wife.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.