How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12082
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My partner's application settlement was rejected

This answer was rated:

My partner's application for marriage settlement was rejected as there wasn't enough documentation regarding accommodation or his english language ability. For the appeal, I have official deeds and land plan from the land registry which shows the house is in mine (the sponsor) and my mother's name. For english he has certified copies of his BA in English Language and Literature and a letter from his university confirming that his course was all in English. Is all this enough? Do I need to get photographs of my house verified? If so, how?
Thank you for your question.
The English language certificates are sufficient, either the originals of notarised copies.
The title deeds of the house should be accompanied by bills or letters addressed to you so that it can be established that you live in the house as well as own it.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you