31090051

If a legal separation was put in place in 1992, but the couple

If a legal separation was put in place in 1992, but the couple started living together again three years ago .Does the legal sseparation regarding money and property still apply. Even when one of the party has sold their property to move back .
Could you explain a little more about the background to your question please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My husband and I had a legal separation put in place, then ten years ago we got back together. Three years ago I sold my property to move in with him as husband and wife. The relationship is not working out what I want to know is am I entitled to any money from him or do I make myself homeless with no assets.

Which part of the Uk ar eyou in - and what did you do with the proceeds of the sale of your property?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I live in Scotland

And with the money from the sale i have upgraded the house we have bee living in and still have about 10,000 left.

Scottish matrimonial law is different to that her ein England and Wales so I shall opt out and transfer you to the correct section
I am a Scots solicitor and will help you with this. Did you and your husband divorce after the initial separation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, no we never divorced after the separation was put in place

That being the case there is a material change of circumstances and the original Minute of Agreement would fall to be varied so as to ensure that on a further separation there would be a fair division of assets as at the date of the further separation. The terms of the separation agreement would fall to be disregarded insofar as the period from the reconciliation to further separation.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.