How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12071
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

can my wife who decided to leave the family home with our two

Customer Question

can my wife who decided to leave the family home with our two kids force the sale of our house which I now reside alone
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
Yes she can. She can ask the court to make an order for sale in the event that you decline or are unable to buy out her share. Unfortunately, the fact that she left and the reasons behind the breakup aren't relevant in determining the disposal of matrimonial property.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.