How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12091
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

sons partner of 4 years has been seeing another man whilst

Customer Question

sons partner of 4 years has been seeing another man whilst living in family home. Son got mortgage in own name partner(EX) not on deeds, 3 year old child involved, son moved out and she wants keys back to family home. how do we go about getting her out of house whilst trying to get legal assistance for custody
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
As they aren't married and she has no court order granting her occupancy rights in the house, he can ask her to leave and throw her out in fact and move back in himself.
As far as a residence order for the child is concerned (there is no such thing as custody any more) he would have to go to court and make an application for that so he will need to see a good family law solicitor immediately.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.