How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12178
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I started a company with my partner, solely funded to begin

This answer was rated:

I started a company with my partner, solely funded to begin with by my existing business, I was promised to be made a director etc. Now we are separating she says I have nothing to do with it. I nearly bankrupted myself to make this happen and spent a lot of time working on it to the detriment of my existing business. can I claim my money/damages back?
Thank you for your question.
If you have put money into a business without having been given a share of it, you are entitled to treat what you have put in as a loan and sue the business to get your money out of the business.
You would also be entitled to claim remuneration for the time and effort put into the business at a reasonable rate. No one is expected to work for nothing.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and 2 other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you