Someone I know has been talking about me, about when I married

Someone I know has been talking about me, about when I married my husband who has four children (now adults), and the way I brought them up, according to my husbands daughter. The person who is doing the talking did not visit or know us when the children were young, as far as I am concerned this is only hearsay and I am getting a bad name, without being able to defend myself. I hope you will be able to give me an answer
Your concern is that defamatory statements are being made about you. Ultimately such statement would be countered by a court action against the person for defamation and damages but such actions are very expensive to run and I would not advise doing this.
What you can do is get your solicitor to write what is called a "cease and desist letter" to this person demanding that they stop making statements about you which are defamatory and untrue. In my experience such a letter is often all that is needed to stop this kind of unpleasant behaviour.
You need to instruct a civil court lawyer to write such a letter for you.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.