How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12089
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have to stress i do not live with my relative, they receive

Customer Question

I have to stress i do not live with my relative, they receive care from the LAuthority and live alone, i visit 3/4times per week,and do everything else needed as the POA and main carer.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
You would still be entitled to be appointed guardian even if you don't live with them. However, assuming your power of attorney includes welfare powers, you are entitled to say where your relatives are to live and if the SW decide to apply to the court for an order that they go into care, you would be entitled to defend that action on behalf of your relatives.
Please tell me if you can the specific power that the SW have threatened to invoke and I may be able to advise further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.