How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12081
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

How do I write a life insurance policy into trust?

This answer was rated:

How do I write a life insurance policy into trust?
Thank you for your question.
The life company will generally provide you with their preferred form of trust documentation. Alternatively, if the policy is to be transferred to an existing trust, this can be done by a formal assignation of the policy to the trust.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

The life company supplied trust documents but they applied to English law only. Will these documents be ok to used in Scotland without any complications? I understand that if the policy is in trust then the money can be released more speedily than if kept in my estate.



Yes, the life policy is under English law so it's OK that the trust is the same.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you