How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My partner died just over a year ago. Her pre death verbal

This answer was rated:

My partner died just over a year ago. Her pre death verbal instructions to her son and daughter were that I could live on in the property till my death. They have honoured this but my worry is I have no real legal agreement. They are ok with my having a legal agreement and I was wondering what sort I should have
Thank you for your question.
They could grant you a liferent of the property which is an additional title deed granting you the right to stay there fo life. A solicitor would be required to draft the appropriate deed. Once registerd that would be unchallengeable.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you