How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12092
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

As a resident in England, can I file to sue injury

This answer was rated:

As a resident in England, can I file to sue for personal injury through the Scottish courts. I wish to sue my employer, and they are a large UK (England) based company.
Thank you for your question.
What connection does Scotland have to the personal injury you suffered?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My lawyer is based in Scotland, but the main reason is to avoid the new higher costs for filing cases as recently announced by the government in England.

You can raise proceedings in Scotland only if the defending party has a base in Scotland or if the accident happened in Scotland.
If neither, the Scottish courts have no jurisdiction.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you