How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12068
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I will be in June, and up to now am in fulltime employment.

Customer Question

I will be 69 in June, and up to now am in fulltime employment. I receive a goernment pension of approx £160 pm. What I would like to know is if I decide to stop working would I be able to apply for any benefits? My husband and i live in a rented house. My husband is also in fulltime employment and his pension is approx £69 pm. We are both getting to the stage where we would, if possible, be able to give up work (old bones and all that). Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
From what you say you could be entitled to pension credit and housing benefit.
However every case is different and I don't have sufficient information from you to advise precisely what you would be entitled to. However there is a better option.
Here is a link to a calculator whereby you can fill in your details confidentially without having to put the details on the Just Answer site. The calculator will tell you what you should be entitled to.
Follow this link and you should be able to get a good indication.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.