How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12198
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am referring to the situation that would arise if he died

This answer was rated:

I am referring to the situation that would arise if he died before me.would I be entitled to the same payments that I would have got if I was his first wife, or do the payments only apply to his first wife? My friend who was the second wife of a policeman did not receive any payments because she was not his first wife. Also the gentleman is already retired which may be relevant.
Thank you for your question.
Your husband should ensure that the pension scheme has you noted as the spouse and nominated to receive the payments in the event of his death.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you