How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12190
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I worked coach drivers at the following website I

This answer was rated:

I worked for just coach drivers at the following website I am owed three grand for work done over a period of one month mr dell haggerty who owns the company based in England but has an office in Edinburgh will not pay as the contact said in small print that to no abundance you are self employed how can I get the money due to me from this company when I have digital tachograph print out of work done and time sheets that they want filled in and email to them plus posted to them and they are saying nothing has been received im thinking that this company gets paid for your work and don't want to pay any drivers for doing that work
Thank you for your question.
Have you considered the small claim court in Edinburgh?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I haven't could I take this to the Glasgow court and how much will it cost me but a local lawyer told me that he is the type that will counter claim

It would be better to raise the case in a Edinburgh sheriff court if there is an office in Edinburgh. You have to sue the company or person that employed you for outstanding fees or wages. You can do this yourself and the sheriff clerk will give you a certain amount of assistance.
You can download and print out the forms here:
Happy to discuss further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been made aware of this before but it was a waste of time as all he does is change the name of the company so that they can't pay the dept owed for work done so I don't think that anything else can be done or do you have any ideas on a lawfully way to get the money owed for the work done from this just coach drivers based with the office in Edinburgh

Give me the full name of the limited company and I'll do a Search for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The company was called western training solutions limited trading as just coach drivers then he tried to say that just coach drivers limited was the name but according to the contract that I hot from their Edinburgh office that was sent by a nigel glenhomes it's definitely wts western training solutions limited according to companies house this is now western transport solutions ltd a change of name but same director of derek heggerty and a change of address in England

Western Training Solutions Limited is a dissolved company.
Western Training Services Limited is now called Western Transport Solutions Limited.
Can you advise which company you had a contract with. If it's Western Training Solutions Limited it no longer exists.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was western training services ltd they have same website and the company name has changed to western transport solutions ltd