How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12176
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

,I have worked as a paramedic 30years in Edinburgh

This answer was rated:

Hi ,I have worked as a paramedic for over 30years in Edinburgh City ..I attended a call recently where a relative of our patient put forward a complaint to my employer which is extremely in my view a libelous statement..and could have serious consequences for my professional integrity in my workplace..I wish to challenge this person's recollection of events ..and have already discussed with other medics on scene who clearly have the same view relating to her inaccuracies..In fact some of the interventions, in this case were not carried by me as can be verified by witnessess on scene. ...Would you consider taking this case forward so that these allegations of events can be withdrawn ....thank you p.barrins edinburgh
Thank you for your question.
Has your employer started an investigation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my employer has received a statement from myself ...confirming that these allegations are to say the least false(and can be profen from other professionals as such) I await there response.......

however I feel that as a health profession I must reply to the complainer to rethink her written allegations of consider out a private litigation .....I have a 30 years clean record and would like to keep it that way..........pb

You can certainly have a solicitor issue a cease and desist letter against defamatory allegations. However, before doing so it may be better to see what your employers are doing about this. If your professional colleagues are behind you and your employers are behind you that would be the right time to take action against the complainer. Note you don't get legal aid for actions of this nature.
Happy to discuss further.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you