How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 8
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

My husband says his divorce has come through and I will get

Customer Question

My husband says his divorce has come through and I will get my decree absolute in 2 weeks. Is there any way I can still contest this? He is planning on taking more money from the house than we had agreed. I'm in Scotland.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
There is no decree absolute in Scotland, just the grant of decree of divorce and if the extract decree has been issued that is it.
How is the agreement as regards ***** ***** constituted? Is there a written agreement?
-Could you explain your situation a little more?