How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12070
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have legal separation agreement registered with courts in

Customer Question

I have legal separation agreement registered with courts in Edinburgh. Legally separated since 27/12/10. I now want to go ahead with divorce how can I do this cheap as possible?
My legal separation cost me £980! Please help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
You can do the divorce yourself as your daughter is over 16 and your financial arrangements are agreed.
You need to print out and complete this form and have it notarised, take it to the court with your marriage certificate and the court fee, which is £107.
The court will process the application, serve it on your husband and the divorce will come through in about six weeks.
Here is the form:
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.