How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

There. My name is***** question is whether or not

Customer Question

Hi there. My name is***** question is whether or not if i can claim back tax or or something like that on the costs associated with my access to my son.
I live in Glasgow and my son lives in Newcastle. The csa take 235 pounds from my pay and 1pounds court fees each month. But the fact is that i have the added costs of fuel to drive down and also as i have no residence down there the added costs of entertainment. I have been doing this since 2009. And i will carry on doing so regardless. But it does seem like they have not taken this into account. I spent roughly 150 -200 pounds per month. Thanks for your help regarding this matter. Richard.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
Unfortunately, the costs of travel and entertainment to enable contact visits is not something that can be deduced from your tax liability or reclaimed in any way.
I'm sorry but that is the situation.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.