How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 13320
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am considering stopping my ex from seeing our daughter.

Customer Question

I am considering stopping my ex from seeing our daughter. There is no contact order in place and i unhappy with the way he he cares for my daughter in the time she spends there.
My cocerns are general welfare and un brining.
Can i stop contact ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
If you don't think that contact is in your daughters best interests, you can stop contact. You have to be aware that your ex could go to court for a contact order. The court would, however, assess whether contact was in the best interests of your daughter and make a decision accordingly.
In other words, whilst you've taken the initial decision To withdraw contact, the court can review that decision.
Happy to discuss further.