How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12083
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I made a complaint [11 individual ones] against the conduct

Customer Question

I made a complaint [11 individual ones] against the conduct / behaviour of a company [Myreside] to an independent tribunal set up to determine such complaints.
The tribunal did not uphol several of my individual complaints. I wish to appeal against the tribunal's decision. I wish to argue that the tribunal made an error of law
An appeal against the tribunal's decision is possible on a point of law only and is made by way of summary application to the sheriff court
A summary application proceeds by way of an Initial Writ.
Assuming I am the pursuer, who is the Defender - the tribunal or Myreside ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
Myreside is the Defender.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.