How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 13523
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My ex lives in Denmark and I stay in Britain. If I don't pay

This answer was rated:

My ex lives in Denmark and I stay in Britain. If I don't pay child support can they do anything to me. I don't get to see my children and they want it back dated. Where do I stand?
Thank you for your question.
The UK courts will recognise a child maintenance order from Denmark. The order can be registered in Scotland for enforcement in Scotland by way of attachment of money or property or arrestment of wages. This is under legislation for reciprocal enforcement of maintenance orders between countries.
This applies whether or not you see the children; that would be treated as a separate issue.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you