How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12085
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I'm starting university as a post grad in Edinburgh in September.

This answer was rated:

I'm starting university as a post grad in Edinburgh in September. I have 3 children who have all been offered places in school commencing August 15. I have applied to the court in Belfast for a relocation order.
If this does not occur in time and I make the move over (children refuse to see the father and its indirect contact only) can anything be done to insist I return as obviously I won't have a house once my rental lease expires in August?
Thank you for your question.
As there is a contact order which is indirect there is no prejudice to the father that the children aren't nearby and you should have no difficulty with this. Once you are settled in Scotland the children would be subject tot the jurisdiction of the Scots courts in any event as they will become habitually resident in Scotland.
They will not insist that you return.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you