How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12076
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am in a private let having problems with my landlord for

Customer Question

hi I am in a private let having problems with my landlord for doing repairs, I have two windows in my kitchen which are rotten cant get them locked I reported this three weeks ago and he keeps saying that the company is very busy, my tiles fell of in the bathroom and not getting repaired till the end of june can you give me some advice.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
Here's what you do.
Go online and look at the website of the Private Rented Housing Panel:
You will see that the PRHP has power to force the landlord to make repairs. There is a form online. Fill it in and send it off. Generally that is enough to to put the landlord in a position that he will do the repairs. If he doesn't he can be taken to court and the rent can be suspended.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much for your time in getting back me I am away to look in that wedsite now
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome.