31090051

How do I go about getting permission to scatter/inter the ashes

How do I go about getting permission to scatter/inter the ashes of a loved one in a closed C of S churchyard. We are churchgoers but not members of the church in question.
As regards ***** ***** you would need the permission of the executor. As regards ***** ***** you would ask the congregational board of the relevant church. I presume your loved one had a connection to the church in which case your request is unlikely to be refused.
Happy to discuss.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's good,

I am the chief executor.

I was worried that I might have to get a license from CofS in Edinburgh, or, because it is a closed churchyard, we would have to get involved with the local authority.

I take it the congregational board is the local group of elders. I know the minister, so if local permission is all that is required, that is fairly straightforward.

You're welcome. I am of conspires assuming that the church still owns the graveyard. If it's owned by the local authority then that may be different.