How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 13516
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

There, I will be as brief as possible, My daughter has

This answer was rated:

Hi There,
I will be as brief as possible, My daughter has a son, who has severe learning difficulties, he is 27 years old, three years ago the Social work dept thought Mark would benefit from trying independent living, they put him in a social work communal house, where he was supervised by staff, and Mum could visit him regularly, after a year the social work said they would arrange council housing for him, a short distance from his mum, this seemed to go well but after a year the council advised my daughter she was not entitled to 2 bedroom accomadation ,as mark was not with her, the only accomadation she could get was some 45 miles away, since then Mark has been found wandering the streets at night, as he has no concept of time etc, he has been inviting strangers into his home, who have been taking money and goods from the house. Jackie approached the council trying to get Mark housed near her, but has not got anywhere, she went to the CAB who advised her to report that Mark is a vulnerable adult, and wants help under the vulnerable adult act, she has done this, but nothing seems to be happening, she is in fear for his well being, what actions if any can be taken under this act, CAB say they are legally entitled to take action. are they right
Thank you for your question.
The Act of The Scottish Parliament you are looking for is the The Adult Support and Protection (Scotland) Act 2007 which imposes duties on certain agencies to work together to protect adults at risk of harm.
You have been very badly dealt with and you have to make further contact with the council and make sure that they are doing something. They should never have taken her home from your daughter in my opinion.
The website you have to read and which has the information for you is:
Once have read it don't hesitate to come back to me if I can help you further with this.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you