How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 14207
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My wife has had a stroke and cant speak properly and is also

This answer was rated:

my wife has had a stroke and cant speak properly and is also paralised down right side therefore cant write so how could I become her power of attorney
Thank you for your question.
This may not be a problem. Where someone is physically incapable of signing, a Notary Public can read the document and sign for them, provided that the person understands the document.
The solicitor who prepares it will likely be a Notary Public.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you