How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 13799
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Our 19year son who had to move with parents to Singapore when

This answer was rated:

Our 19year son who had to move with parents to Singapore when 12years has now completed education in Singapore wants to return to country of birth Scotland where family home has been retained. He has UK NI number does he require residency before applying for jobs, University, driving licence, job seekers etc
Thank you for your question.
No, if he is UK citizen, he can do so as such before he returns. He should not be treated as a foreign student or a foreign person at all.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you