How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 13513
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am a farmer growing fruit and veg on my privately owned

This answer was rated:

I am a farmer growing fruit and veg on my privately owned land. This morning I stopped two gentlemen from walking onto the land and asked where they were going. There reply was to say they had the right to roam and it was none of my business. I am in scotland. What are my rights?
Thank you for your question.
The Scottish Outdoor Access Code gives people the right to use land for recreational purposes. However the so called right to roam does not apply to land where crops are growing.
So you are within your rights to insist that they don't go to the crop lands.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and 2 other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you