How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12067
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

GA-crb Partnership between father and son of farm.

Customer Question

Partnership between father and son of farm. House and land put in balance sheet by father in 1985. Land lease up for renewal on part of land. Father now has dementia, title of land registered in his name. In partnership agreement clause 6 states all business matters should be conducted in firms name. Question is on lease renewal whose name goes on as landlord. Partnership name or fathers name.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Any answer to our query yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like an answer tonight if possible - it is more than 24 hours since we asked and money has gone from our account...
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I do apologise but this was in the wrong category - I have moved it to Scots law as indicated in your question.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no stars for your service please return deposit
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No stars for service no answer please return deposit
Expert:  Christine-cssm replied 2 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
Thank you, ***** Support Team.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
I'm sorry for the delay in answering your question which was in the wrong category. It has now neem passed to me.
In the case of a lease of heritable property, such as land, the landlord is the person who owns the land, ie, whoever holds title to the land. So whilst the partnership may be relevant for business and accounting purposes, that is a separate matter and the actual lease has to state the title owner as landlord.
If your father can't sign because of his health, his attorney can sign for him. If there is no power of attorney than a court appointed guardian would be needed to deal with his affairs.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.