How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12067
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My name is ***** ***** moved to gambia in april 2015 and my

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** moved to gambia in april 2015 and my 3 children live in scotland. there ages are 6,7,12. i do not work or claim any form of benifits so my new partner was paying my ex maintenance for me. my ex point blank refuses to let my children come and visit me in gambia even though i said i would pick them up from her door. as a result of my ex continually refusing to let them come my new partner said that she will stop paying my ex the maintenance money as of end july 2015.
now my ex has stopped all of my contact with my children by blocking my sons facebook,wats app, email, and skype accounts.
i would like some advice please thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a lawyer in Scotland and will help you with this.
You only have one option. You will have to instruct a lawyer in Scotland near to where your children stay to apply to the sheriff court for a contact order both in respect of social media contact and also in respect of residential contact to visit you. You may have to attend court hearings in Scotland. The court will decide to what extent contact should be grated having regard to the best interests of the children.
You can find lawyer suitable for this type of case at the Find a Solicitor section of
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.