How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 7
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

My wife and i had a temporary separation during which

Customer Question

Hello, My wife and i had a temporary separation during which time she received a house from a local housing association. We got back together and and i moved in. The house was a little small for us and our children so i have leased a larger family home for us. Anyway, the rent on the her house was paid by me and never missed with the exception of the 1 month notice payment, around £364. My wife has received a rent arrears claim for £ 4,857.19, this is simply false, on top of that they have invoiced her for £ 2,291.94 for repair and redecoration, even though i had a professional paint the house top to bottom before we left.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and will help you with this.
Did you pay the rent directly to the Housing Association?
Have they provided a breakdown or a statement to show how they allege the arrears have arisen?
Have they provided a breakdown of the invoice for redecoration and repairs?