How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I believe my sister, who is the executor of my mothers will

This answer was rated:

I believe my sister, who is the executor of my mothers will has conned me out of some of my inheritance. How do I check this?
Thank you for your question.
You ask her for an accounting. If she doesn't provide this to your satisfaction you can raise an action in the court, called an action of count, reckoning and payment. Your sister would be made to account for her acting in the estate and pay you what you are due.
A solicitor would have to deal with the action for you as it is not an action which is done by filling in a form. The action has to be drafted specially and the action proceeds in accordance with sheriff court ordinary procedure, as opposed to summary or small claim procedure.
Happy to discuss.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you