How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 27
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I am a single parent and work part time 16 hours a week, would

Customer Question

I am a single parent and work part time 16 hours a week, would I still qualify for legal aid if I moved my new partner in with me? He is not working at present due to a long term illness but receives benefit payment every 2 weeks, not sure what its called, not jobseekers as he doesn't go to sign on he gets a sick line from doctors he sends to the place that pays him this benefit
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
Some benefits are taken into account for legal aid purposes and others are not. For that reason I need to know what type of benefits your partner get.
Can you find out and revert to me please.