How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12173
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I occasionally get demands from the local authority, claiming

This answer was rated:

I occasionally get demands from the local authority, claiming to be the equivalent of a court Decree and has already been legally constituted. That is with out me knowing of any court action.
How do I get these back into court if they were ever there at all?
Thank you for your question.
You are referring to a summary warrant, for example for rates or council tax. These are automatically granted by the court on application by the local authority. If you dispute the amount due you have to have your solicitor apply to the court for suspension of the warrant and interdict against further enforcement.
This is not a form filling exercise and is quite complex, hence the need for a solicitor.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you