How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 13968
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Looking solicitor who can act regards illegal

This answer was rated:

Hi looking for a solicitor who can act for me regards ***** *****
Thank you for your question.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Basically came in 2001 through an agent, I got caught by uk border force in 2007 and they said I need to come every week to sign on but I did not go. 2012 I applied to say I wanted to be a uk national here as I had been here for so long but it was refused now what chances do I have of being able to stay here legally.
What are you family and work circumstances?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My family is not here there in pakistan it's just me here on my own because I am illegally finding work is hard but I do odd jobs here and there to get by.
There has been a call for illegal immigrants to be given amnesty against removal from the UK if they can satisfy certain conditions:
They must have resided in the UK for 10 years or more
Have no criminal record
Be made to do charitable work or community service to 6 months
Be made to pay a fee which will cover the costs of the amnesty so that it does not burden the taxpayer.
Not be allowed access to public funds for 5 years. e.g. NHS, benefits etc. (This period of time will allow for the illegal immigrants to contribute to the system that they have and will in future have access to)
Be made to register for income tax contributions
Pass the 'Life in UK' test
However, this is not in force at the moment and you would not succeed in an application to remain here at the present time I'm afraid.
Happy to discuss further.
JGM and 4 other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you