How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12190
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My friend who is Polish and lives in Scotland after a divorce,

This answer was rated:

My friend who is Polish and lives in Scotland after a divorce, her daughter is currently residing in Poland with her father. The daughter is over here for summer and returns to Poland the middle of September, she has a NI number and has been offered a summer job here in Aberdeen. If the daughter works and resides with her mother will this effect her housing benefit and will she have to let the authorities know?
Thank you for your question.
Yes, if your friend has another adult in the household who is earning that has to be declared to the authorities and may affect her housing benefits.
There are calculators that might assist her to find out what the position may be in her particular circumstances.
See for example
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you