How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12182
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Dear SirsI am involved in a long running probate case where

This answer was rated:

Dear Sirs
I am involved in a long running probate case where my second cousin has left a large estate. The case hinges on proving whether a half sister of my second cousin was adopted.
She was given up by my second cousins mother before he was born.
Any advice on how I try to get information on the adoption.
Kind Regards
Thank you for your question.Court adoption records at sealed and you have no way to access these. However what you are looking for is an adopted child's birth certificate. These are now held by the General Records Office of Scotland and that is where you should address your investigation. See hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you