How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12073
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have raised an ordinary cause action to evict my tenant.

Customer Question

I have raised an ordinary cause action to evict my tenant.
I am currently out of country and i have received notice of a letter sent 7 days ago
informing me i have until today to return the initial writ.
What should i do in this case ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
If you can, have a friend or relative take the initial writ to the court. If this is not possible return it as soon as you return to Scotland. This is a breach of the rules of court but one which th court would in all likelihood excuse given the circumstances.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.