How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12195
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Let me know the above , where I stand and if I've even got

This answer was rated:

Let me know the above , where I stand and if I've even got a birth certificate proving that he's my dad n his brother even witnessed him saying before he died in front of his current girlfriend that when she sell,s the house that get it typed even if she snuffs it that me, my brother, n sister would get a share of the house! Let me know if there's any solicitor that I can pay to hopefully help me in Glasgow ?
Thank you for your question.
If there is no will then you and your brother would be due to inherit the estate. I suggest you call the Law Society of Scotland and ask for the name of a solicitor in Glasgow that can help you. Experts on this site aren't allowed to. You can also go to and use the a Find a Solicitor tool for an executry specialist.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So if there was no will would a solicitor legally be able to help me n my wee brother or sister receive some of his estate? I don't know if he had a joint mortgage but firmly beleive that he wouldn't be daft enough to have a joint bank account, what will happen with his estate and final salary!?

If there is no will, the family would inherit the estate so, yes, you should see a solicitor. The girlfriend could go to court for a share so you have to see a solicitor immediately.