How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12183
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am going to rent out my caravan to my nephew on a permanent

This answer was rated:

I am going to rent out my caravan to my nephew on a permanent basis. He will have to get help to pay for it as he does not work. What, if any, documents do I need to have so that he can furnish his rent charge information to the "benefits office"? Please? Regards, ***** ***** A Kirkpatrick .
Thank you for your question.
He will need a lease or licence agreement stating the names of landlord and tenant, the address of the caravan, the initial duration of the let, the amount of rent to be paid, the frequency of the payments, usually monthly, and any other terms and conditions of the let, although the ones I have mentioned are the crucial ones.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you